Friday, July 28, 2017

SENIOR PICS Tips

I have recently started practicing taking Senior Pictures, because I am going to be a SENIOR!! I say practicing because I just want to test the waters with outfits, locations, and poses before I get real serious. 

So, today I am going to share a few tips on how to make your SENIOR PICS the best ever. 
These tips will be based on my experience, which was a non-professional one ;)

1. Don't go right for the expensive, professional pictures. 
Although, professional pictures are almost always guaranteed to turn out beautiful, make sure you play around with your photographer first. The pictures I will be showing you are ones that my mom took. Having a family member or a friend who has an eye for photography will make your pictures more personal. 




2. Angles & Lighting
Angles and lighting are everything! When you are having your SENIOR PICS taken, have your photographer move around, get low, or get close. When the camera is in different spots, the lighting will change! This can be a good thing, but it can also be bad. So if you look at the pictures and there is a shadow covering your face, then tilt your head a little and the shadow will most likely be gone. 


3. Dress Comfortably
When you are taking SENIOR PICS make sure you wear clothes that you feel comfortable and confident in. Don't wear anything that you will have to keep adjusting or have to worry what you look like the whole time. Also, make sure you wear something that reflects you! Below, you will see that I wore a Lilly Pulitzer skirt. This is my version of a sports jersey! I wear Lilly Pulitzer all the time, so this is a perfect reflection of me, my style, and my personality. 



4. Location
When taking your pictures, pick locations that are scenic, simple or important. I picked a local park that has a cute bridge and lots of trees. I also went to my school, but that's obvious, right? I am also going to go to the beach for a more local vibe.


5. Appearance
Don't overdo it with the makeup! If you are having someone else do your makeup, make sure your makeup is done similar to how you do it everyday. You don't want to look like a totally different person in your SENIOR PICS!!


6. Use Props
Props are going to be your best friend! Some of my favorite pictures that I have seen are ones with props. Use a flower crown, grab your cap & gown, or hold a sign that says SENIOR.

For more photo inspiration, check out my SENIOR PICS Pinterest board HERE!

Thank you all so much for stopping by! 
I hope this post gave you some ideas for your SENIOR PICS!

And make sure you keep coming back, because I will have more SENIOR PIC guides up soon :)

xoxo, Lily :)

No comments:

Post a Comment