Wednesday, March 22, 2017

A Photographer's Perspective

   Photography is such a cool thing! There are so many things that can be the subject. Anything from signs to food to people! I love that it is so versatile. 

   I am currently taking a photography class at my high school and it is so interesting! So far, this semester, I have used a pinhole camera and film cameras and then developed the film. This is by far one of the coolest things that I have done in any class. Coming up, I will be working with DSLR cameras and digital photography. This will take me over to Photoshop and allow for a new learning experience. I can't wait to learn more about digital photography and further my knowledge. 





There are so many photographers all over the world. Whether they be professional or people holding their iPhone, they are all photographers. I find this so amazing. Anyone who has ever taken a picture is a photographer. But, the thing that is the most interesting is the fact that every single person's pictures look different. This is because perspective. 

Perspective is a beautiful thing. I love that one person might see a tree, but another person sees a work of art. You know what they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure." Cool, I know right?

Editing is another incredible thing. I can take an average picture and make it spectacular, all with the help of editing. It is plain to see someone's mood through their photos and how they edit them. That's awesome.

Today, I wanted to share with you a few pictures that I took and edited. I just walked outside and found subjects that I saw potential in. So, take a look.








There is no right or wrong to photography! So, give it a try, walk outside or around your room and find a subject that interests you. You might learn something new and find a beautiful object. 

I also take inspiration from those around me. My lovely friend Claudia has an Instagram account that is totally dedicated to her photography skills, check it out here! Another account that I love is Danielle Carolan's account. Danielle's pictures are primarily from photoshoots that she participates in, which I grab inspiration from for scenery and outfits. 

Hopefully, I will post again with an update after I complete my Photography class. I can not wait to share my progress with you! 

I hope you enjoyed this! Let me know in the comments if you like these kinds of posts. 

Thank you so much for reading. 

xoxo, Lily :)

No comments:

Post a Comment